My Favorite Restaurants & Cafés in Isla Vista
Whether you want some late-night munchies, or just a change of scenery from the Trop cafeteria once in a while, Isla Vista has a plethora of eateries in its two square miles. Hit up these places in IV for something different and delicious.
- Blenders in The Grass: Blenders is known for having the most delicious smoothies! They are a bit expensive at around five dollars a smoothie, but it’s worth it for an occasional treat. 6560 Pardall Road
- Starbucks: This well-known coffee shop is perfect in a college community for a late-night pick-me-up. 888 Embarcadero del Norte
- Silvergreens: This is a yummy and healthy restaurant that serves great salads, breakfast burritos, soups, and one amazing acai bowl. Nutritional information is right on your receipt! 900 Embarcadero del Mar
- Pizza My Heart: As a new pizza joint in IV, it has already been credited as one of the best pizza places in the Santa Barbara area. 6533 Trigo Road
- Crushcakes & Cafe: Right next door to Pizza My Heart is Crushcakes, which serves dainty and delectable cupcakes perfect for a delicious dessert after some pizza or Crushcakes’ own menu of breakfast all day, paninis, sandwiches, wraps, and hot and cold beverages. On Tuesdays, show your Trop key for a 10% discount (Tropicana Ten-Percent Tuesdays). 6533 Trigo Road
- Freebirds: The best Mexican food in IV! It is conveniently located in the middle of IV and one of the most popular restaurants. Their nachos and burritos are huge and very good! 879 Embarcadero Del Norte
- Isla Vista Food Co-Op: The Co-Op is one of my favorite places because it has organic foods and bulk candy, granola, and trail mix. I recommend Sunny Bears, which are candy gummy bears that are all natural. Their granola is amazing. 6575 Seville Road
- The Habit: This is a cost efficient and savory burger place with really good burgers and shakes. Their famous charburger is perfect when you need a break from dorm food or just want something filling. The Teriyaki Charburger with pineapple is my favorite. I get mine with a veggie patty. 888 Embarcadero del Norte #C
- Subway: Open 24/7! Everyone loves Subway and it is open all day every day. 888 Embarcadero del Norte #B
- Café Equilibrium: This café makes the BEST crepes. My favorite is the Nutella crepe with strawberries. They are not too expensive and you can even get ice cream on your crepe. 6549 Pardall Rd, #B
- Pita Pit: I have long loved Pita Pit and was so excited to see one in IV! It is similar to Subway, but with pitas instead of sub sandwich bread.
- Domino’s: Domino’s is an American favorite, perfect for late-night munchies. Every Tropicana building has a Domino’s kiosk where you can order pizza, pasta, sandwiches, wings or breadsticks, to be delivered to you right to Trop. Choose a 2-topping medium or large pizza for a special Trop only discounted price. 955 Embarcadero del Mar
You can also check out SBMenus.com to see a list of more restaurants that deliver and have takeout.
Harmony is a first year student at Santa Barbara City College studying Theatre. She is from Ojai, California, which is about 45 minutes south of Santa Barbara. She enjoys hiking, running, acting, singing, dancing, and spending time with friends; pretty much anything active and social.